The 2013 Heart of Dallas Bowl is just hours away. We’re sure you have so many questions. We’re here to help. (For an X’s and O’s breakdown, click through to Matt Dollinger’s game preview.)
• What’s all this, then? All this is the Heart of Dallas Bowl, neé TicketCity Bowl, one of the youngest games in postseason college football. The heart in Heart of Dallas is an actual mission statement: “Demonstrating Heart of Dallas’ commitment to its home city, net profits from the inaugural event will benefit charities serving the homeless population in Dallas.”
• Where will this game be played? The Cotton Bowl in Dallas. But it’s not the Cotton Bowl. The Cotton Bowl is now played in Cowboys Stadium, and yes, we’re almost through with this line of questioning, as we are about out of available citrus fruits.
• When is it on television? Coverage begins at noon ET on ESPNU, with streaming on WatchESPN. Clay Matvick, Matt Stinchcomb and Kaylee Hartungwill relay the action.
• Whom does it feature? The Big Ten versus either Conference USA or the Big 12.
• What about this year? An odd coupling of Purdue (6-6) and Oklahoma State (7-5).
• Does the bowl have a social media presence? It does, and it needs your help!
— Heart of Dallas (@weheartdallas) December 31, 2012