Tis the season to allow cornbread dressing to serve as a socially appropriate sandwich filler. Here’s a look at what to watch this week and weekend, accompanied by appropriate holiday activities. For more Week 13 preview content, visit SI.com proper.
• 7:30 p.m. ET: Prepare and consume first leftovers sandwich. One lone FBS game looms on the Thursday schedule, and it kicks off after dark, so we’re calling this the nightcap game. Borrow your Nana’s Slanket and settle in for a long winter’s nap with TCU at Texas.
• 11:00 a.m.: Heat up yesterday’s bourbon punch. Syracuse at Temple will be on offer on ESPN2, but the discerning sports fan (with the better cable package) will opt for Ohio at Kent State on ESPNU instead.
• 1:00 p.m.: Second leftovers sandwich. Perk up with some daylight MACtion, and watch Jordan Lynch kill a few birds during Northern Illinois at Eastern Michigan.
• 2:30 p.m.: School your cousins in an unnecessarily vitriolic pickup football game and/or MarioKart tournament that may or may not descend into physical altercations. Head coaching personality-off hour is upon us, in the form of LSU at Arkansas.
• 10:00 p.m.: Meet your friends from high school at the only bar in town that’s open today, which happens to be Applebee’s, which will serve your sister a short rocks glass full of lukewarm sour mix when she flashes her new adult driver’s license and orders a lemon drop martini. It’s worth staying up for Friday’s nightcap game, Arizona State at Arizona.