Tino Sunseri, rest assured you are not alone in making this face every time you have to go to Legion Field. (AP)
The 2013 BBVA Compass Bowl is just hours away. We’re sure you have so many questions. We’re here to help. (For an X’s and O’s breakdown, click through to R.J. Rico’s game preview.)
• What’s all this, then? The BBVA Compass Bowl is an annual postseason college football contest against which we hold a very small grudge because it is no longer named after a nasty pizza chain’s website.
• Where will this game be played? Birmingham’s Legion Field, home to the UAB Blazers and former home of the Birmingham Barracudas, a short-lived CFL expansion team. What is it with Birmingham-based teams and outstanding mascot choices? Perhaps it is the universe’s way of making up for them having to play at Legion Field.
• When is it on television? Coverage begins at 1 p.m. ET on ESPN, with streaming on WatchESPN. Eamon McAnaney, David Diaz-Infante and Paul Carcaterra will call the game.
• Whom does it feature? The Big East and SEC are the bowl’s current conference tie-ins.
• What about this year? It’s a battle of middle-of-the-packness, as the 6-6 Pitt Panthers travel to meet the 6-6 Ole Miss Fightin’ Ackbars.
• Does the bowl have a social media presence? Quite a helpful one, when it’s up and running:
Will this shuttle drop me off at Highlands for a grits fix? Somebody try this and report back to us?