Military Bowl organizers surely appreciated David Fales’ crisp, efficient passing game. (AP)
The 2012 Military Bowl is just hours away. We’re sure you have so many questions. We’re here to help. (For an X’s and O’s breakdown, click through to Gabriel Baumgaertner’s game preview.)
• What’s all this, then? Before you ask! This isn’t the same thing as the Armed Forces Bowl. But — No, they’re different. We promise. That one shows up on Saturday, and is sponsored by Bell Helicopter. What you’re seeing tonight is the former EagleBank Bowl, now sponsored by defense contractor Northrop Grumman. This is one of the newer postseason contests, in existence since 2008.
• Where will this game be played? RFK Stadium, former home of the Washington Redskins and currently housing the D.C. United.
• When is it on television? Coverage begins at 3:00 p.m. ET on ESPN, with the New Mexico Bowl lineup of Bob Wischusen, Danny Kanell and Quint Kessenich providing commentary. The game will also be streamed on WatchESPN.
• Whom does it feature? Oh, just about anybody. Participants so far: Wake Forest, Navy, UCLA, Temple, Maryland, East Carolina, Toledo and Air Force.
• What about this year? Bowling Green versus San Jose State.
• Does the bowl have a social media presence? Right this way: