You might think the Cotton Bowl game is played at the Cotton Bowl stadium, but you would be wrong. (AP)
The 2012 Cotton Bowl is just hours away. We’re sure you have so many questions. We’re here to help. (For an Xs and Os breakdown, check out George Schroeder’s game preview.)
• What’s all this, then? Must-watch television, the 2012 Cotton Bowl Classic. Stock up on football now, and skip the BBVA Compass Bowl Saturday! The savings really add up!
• Where will this game be played? The Jerrydome, properly known as Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas. The former home of the Big 12 Championship game hosted several regular-season games in 2011, including the LSU-Oregon season kickoff tilt.
• Not in the Cotton Bowl stadium? Not in the Cotton Bowl stadium. But it still gets to be called the Cotton Bowl? It would appear so, yes.
• When is it on television? Kickoff is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Friday, January 6. The game will be televised on FOX.
• Aw, gross. Hey, some people (probably, somewhere) like gratuitous shots of the marching band in lieu of covering the action on the field!