• Who are we to question alliteration like that? We haven’t been to Arkansas since 2009, but will be celebrating this holiday for no other reason than liking the name:
It is Woo Pig Wednesday!!! Wear your Razorback Red Today!
— Jeff Long (@jefflongUA) August 15, 2012
• Tennessee and UTSA, watch out. Bill Curry is expected to announce Wednesday that he will retire following the 2012 season, just shy of seeing Georgia State into the Sun Belt.
• We would like to go ahead and fulfill that Steele prophecy, if it’s not too much trouble. UCF’s stated goal in appealing its bowl ban is to “get this over with,” but is it winking? Bylaw Blogger thinks so.
• Mike Leach goes right to our heads. The first time we ever met the Dread Pirate, we spoke of nothing but sharks for 10 minutes. Here, he relates his own Shark Week tales. It turns out one should not chum waters in which one is currently standing!
• Condolences. Former Central Michigan standout Ontario Sneed has died at the age of 26, according to local news reports. Sneed was a top-10 all-time rusher and receiver for the Chippewas and had a name straight out of a Sherlock Holmes story. Our sincere best wishes to his family and the Central Michigan community.