Posted October 25, 2013

Alabama suspends some student seating for home game against Tennessee

Alabama Crimson Tide
Bryant-Denny Stadium

Some ‘Bama student groups have had block seating suspended for this week’s game. (Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images)

Some Alabama student organizations have had their block seating suspended for Saturday’s home game against Tennessee, Melissa Brown of AL.com reports.

The news comes only a few days after The Crimson White, Alabama’s student newspaper, reported that student government association president Jimmy Taylor stressed the importance of attendance in an email to student leaders last week.

Taylor sent an email on [Oct. 17] to leaders of organizations with block seating privileges stating there could be consequences if their members left the game early and reminding them of an agreement they signed to stay for all four quarters.

“I am sending this e-mail to remind you to ask each of your organization members to stay for all four quarters of the Crimson Tide football games,” Taylor said in the email obtained by The Crimson White. “This is certainly important for all UA students, but organizations with reserved seating have signed an agreement to stay until the conclusion of the game.”

The Crimson White report states that student organizations sign agreements to stay until the conclusion of games. Organizations violating that agreement can lose seating for later games and can receive point deductions on block seating applications for the following year.

The student section at Bryant-Denny Stadium was noticeably empty during Alabama’s 52-0 win over Arkansas last week.

Crimson Tide coach Nick Saban told AL.com this week that fans should stay at the games for all 60 minutes.

“I’ve talked about players playing for 60 minutes in the game and competing for 60 minutes in the game,” Saban said. “And, in some kind of way, everybody that chooses to go to the game should stay there and support the team for the game.”

[...]

“Maybe if you’re not interested in doing that, you should let someone else go who would really like to go because I have a lot of people who want to go,” Saban said.

[...]

“We have lots of recruits there, we like to see an enthusiastic full stadium,” Saban said. “We have a beautiful stadium and one of the nicest venues in all of college football and I think we all should show our appreciation for it by staying and supporting our team for the whole game.”

5 comments
Tea-bag nihilist
Tea-bag nihilist

Achtung!  You vill NOT leave stadium before game ist uber!  Fuehrer Saban hast gespoken!

bobinpowell
bobinpowell

Pass out cupcakes.   Heck, you schedule them.

ShifterKart
ShifterKart

@HerschelAnderton @bobinpowell 

yes an two top 10 teams (after miami) is cupcake.....who else has two top tens? a few may have but not at the end of the year. Oregon only has stanford left and FSU has 2 top 10s ( although clemson did not show up)... Fsu will destroy UM ............ Oregon has only Stanford left....

Bama has toughest rest of the schedule left... two top 10's and maybe three...depending on where Mizzou ends up 

note i said schedule LEFT.....