Western Kentucky coughs up five turnovers in six offensive plays at Tennessee
Bobby Petrino’s Hilltoppers might have just turned in the worst six-play offensive stretch in college football history:
• 1st-10, WKU 19, 5:15: J. Coleman intercepted B. Doughty for 23-yard touchdown.
• 1st-10, WKU 29, 4:24: K. Simpson rushed up the middle for 3-yard gain.
• 2nd-7, WKU 32, 4:17: C. Sutton intercepted B. Doughty for 36-yard touchdown.
• 1st-10, WKU 30, 3:27: K. Simpson rushed up the middle for 3-yard gain. K. Simpson fumbled. D. Sapp recovered fumble.
• 1st-10, WKU 28, 1:20: A. Andrews rushed up the middle for 8-yard gain. A. Andrews fumbled. M. Arnold recovered fumble and returned for 12 yards.
• 1st-10, WKU 14, 0:31: B. Brewer intercepted B. Doughty for no gain.
All of this happened in the first quarter and led to 24 Tennessee points, despite the Volunteers having just 60 total yards. Butch Jones will be sending the Western Kentucky offense an extra special Christmas card this year.