Retroactive good news out of Ann Arbor, where quarterback Devin Gardner has been granted a medical hardship season by the NCAA — for 2010, the year in which he suffered a season-ending back injury. Gardner, the heir apparent to Denard Robinson — although we suppose we can quit referring to Gardner in the future tense, since he started five games at quarterback in 2012 — now has two full seasons of eligibility remaining. Gardner went 3-2 in his stint at the position last season, motoring the Wolverines to wins over Minnesota, Northwestern and Iowa before dropping to Ohio State in the regular-season finale and South Carolina in the Outback Bowl.
- Tax documents show Pac-12's Larry Scott is now the highest-paid college commissioner: wp.me/p1MjC6-4fF 10 hours ago
- Five-star recruit Jabrill Peppers drops rap video, 'Don't Take It Personal,' on YouTube: wp.me/p1MjC6-4g9 11 hours ago
- Sun Belt Conference unveils new logo and branding. Pretty snazzy: wp.me/p1MjC6-4fO 15 hours ago
- Conference commissioner compensation in 2011-12: Larry Scott ($3M+), Jim Delany ($2.8M), Mike Slive ($1.6M). 15 hours ago
- WSJ: Pac-12's Larry Scott is now highest-paid commissioner, brings in over $3M in 2011-12: wp.me/p1MjC6-4fF 15 hours ago