• Elsewhere in Carolinadom. Take a virtual tour of Clemson’s new indoor facility. We see lots of spaces for a potential live tiger habitat expansion in there.
• “The NCAA: Where you can legitimately criticize a school for using money from TV networks to buy health insurance for athletes.” The Bylaw Blog looks at Ohio State’s use of Student Assistance Fund money.
• Coach-hirin’ season! Rocky Long’s contract with San Diego State has been, um, elongated … Oregon makes Scott Frost’s promotion official … and Kansas State shares our confidence that Bill Snyder will live forever and coach forever and a day.
• Recruiting tidbits, grudgingly dispensed. When we get interested in recruiting: When Notre Dame poaches a punter from Harvard … when Cal coaches recruit in minivans … and when Alabama sells running back recruits on fewer carries.
• Tweet of the day. South Carolina blog Garnet and Black Attack notices a familiar and heretofore unnoticed presence in our social media sphere:
Welcome back, King of Bros. You were dearly missed.