• Come back soon, RonP. College football’s buyout hero is with the Jacksonville Jaguars now, but does that make a minute and a half loop of him singing on the Jags’ video holiday card any less compelling? We say nay:
May your days be merry and bright, and may all your buyout clauses be airtight.
• Can’t spell COIN COIN without COI? Oregon will have its Committee on Infractions hearing. Bylaw Blog does a bit of explaining.
• Coach-hirin’ follies. Boston College hires its coordinators … Gary Andersen pulls what we’re going to call a Reverse Tommy Tuberville … we actually met some Oregon fans last year who professed to be “tired of the Rose Bowl,” so this is a real phenomenon, however dumb.
• Realignment tidbits, grudgingly dispensed. Big East commish Mike Aresco says “We feel we have a very good league.” This is secret code: you cannot spell “FEEL” without “Fresno State and UNLV.”
• Just keep calling it “Project X” forever, please. The SEC cable channel: Still coming, in some still-nebulous future!
• Roster blotter. Former USC quarterback Jesse Scroggins signs with Arizona … Clemson corner Bashaud Breeland will miss the Tigers’ bowl game due to injury … also missing that same postseason contest, LSU punter and Campus Union banner gracer Brad Wing.
• Schedule matters. The 2014 Cowboys Classic will feature Florida State and Oklahoma State.
• Misc. Two of Montee Ball’s accused attackers have pled guilty … hear Stewart Mandel on the Solid Verbal … see Houston’s new stadium renderings … and imagine Houston Nutt pronouncing “Robert Nkemdiche,” if you dare.