A bubbly bowl season begins; more Designated Reads
• With a Champoline, bien sûr. Shutdown Fullback welcomes the 2012 postseason by drinking on trampoline and discussing (sort of) the impending New Mexico Bowl:
A felicitous bowl season to all.
• “Actual division names TBD.” Time to dredge up all those Ro-Tel-infested, be-Barbasoled threads concerning the infinite list of possibilites that would have made better division names than Leaders and Legends, for redistricting time in the Big Ten is upon us. This will in no way end with heartbreak and nationwide derision, particularly not if they go with that Hunger Games-inspired “inner-outer” arrangement.
• Roster blotter. UNC’s Gio Bernard will enter the NFL draft before anything else bad happens to one of his legs. Godspeed, kid.
• Coach-hirin’ follies. Eddie Gran will serve as Tommy Tuberville’s offensive coordinator at Cincinnati.
• Schedule matters. Jim McElwain will return to Alabama in green and white: Colorado State has booked two paycheck games against the Crimson Tide.
• Tweet of the day, Capital One Bowl is a Perpetual Font of Merriment edition:
@fauxpelini hey it turns out we have a Big 12 officials so sorry that you have to be 50 feet from the stadium or whatever
— Capital One Bowl (@CapitalOneBowl) December 13, 2012
• Misc. Hey, cookies!