• Arkansas State 50, Louisiana 27. Terrance Broadway completed 28-of-39 passes for 374 yards and three touchdowns, but also committed three of the Cajuns’ five turnovers during a highly non-competitive home-field rout. Red Wolves kicker Brian Davis accounted for a full 20 of Arkansas State’s 50 points, kicking five field goals and five extra points. Ryan Aplin had a 21-of-31, 269-yard, one-touchdown outing; Rocky Hayes and David Oku added 86 and 83 rushing yards, respectively. The Red Wolves improved to 3-1 in Sun Belt play. [BOX]
• Excellent scheduling news. Our absolute favorite kind of scheduling story: Power conference showdown! Oregon and Ohio State have announced a two-year home-and-home series, to be played in 2020 and 2021.
• Roster blotter. Charlie Weis benches Dayne Crist … Clemson defensive back Jerrodd Williams, who’s seen playing time in six games for the Tigers on special teams, is done for the season after breaking his leg in Tuesday’s practice … Southern Miss moves on to its fourth quarterback this season, Arsenio Favor.
• Hey, here’s a neat lead. “The Missouri athletics department is tightening employee use of school-issued credit cards after an audit found a series of improper purchases, including bills for more than $7,600 from a Las Vegas strip club.” Stewart Mandel has already cut directly to the proper joke for this news, saving you all the trouble:
What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas … unless you charge it to your Mizzou-issued employee credit card. arkansassports360.com/88085/mizzou-c…
— Stewart Mandel (@slmandel) October 23, 2012
• Cross-conference trolling off the port bow! Is Oklahoma, not Notre Dame, the true cradle of “PLAY LIKE A CHAMPION TODAY?” Berry Tramel investigates.
• Quote of the day. An ACC division leader still has yearnings:
— Laura Keeley (@laurakeeley) October 23, 2012
• Parental guidance suggested. Southern Miss quarterback Anthony Alford’s mother was arrested during the Golden Eagles’ game against Marshall.
• We are only just now realizing his connection to French verbs. MonTAY is MonTEE again, at least on the field. Cue the Miley Cyrus.
• Redecorating ideas from Eugene lairs.
— Brian Floyd (@BrianMFloyd) October 23, 2012