• It’s always somebody’s hate week, I. Texas A&M’s official compliance Twitter account gets in on a popular anti-LSU meme:
There are no violations in the NCAA database that mention corn dogs. Hot dogs? Yes: 1 secondary & 1 major. But no corn dogs.
— Brad Barnes (@TAMUCompliance) October 16, 2012
1. We’ve never seen a corn dog consumed at an LSU tailgate. Are we at the wrong parties?
2. Begun, these GIF wars have.
3. What was the major NCAA violation involving a hot dog??
• It’s always somebody’s hate week, II. It is our sworn duty to report receiving an email from the Auburn athletic department with the following introduction:
Auburn Compliance to Host Seminar on Wednesday
NCAA Compliance Series: Ethical Conduct
Don’t say we never did nothin’ for you, Vandy.
• What’s wrong with ‘the storm clouds are gathering?’ Barking Carnival begins the somber journey into the tempest-tossed land of “Fire Mack Brown.”
• Injury report story hour. Tennessee could face Alabama with two injured running backs, whee! … Keenan Reynolds retains the starting quarterback job for Navy … Eric LeGrand reflects on the two years since his career-ending injury.
• A modest proposal. Pizza Hut is apparently rethinking its idea to derail a Presidential debate for purposes of advertising its product, but we really think we’re on to something, and suggest the following new strategy: Free pizza for a year to the first reporter to ask any football coach a pizza toppings question following a big game. Y’all know Lane Kiffin would rather discuss his feelings on black olives than dole out injury news.
• Misc. We would like to go on the record as being wholeheartedly in favor of this Boise State blackout look … Paul Myerberg re-ranks all 124 FBS teams at the season’s midpoint … Kirk Herbstreit bridges the Michigan-Ohio State divide … Ty Willingham is currently serving as a volunteer golf coach at Stanford … and now, Bob Ross feeding a baby squirrel with a bottle.