Minnesota asks for ‘The Gopher’ to be done; more Designated Reads
• You heard the national champion Gopher women’s hockey team. “Do the Gopher!” they say. “Don’t mind if we do!” say we.
• Sadness and bitter recriminations roundup! Friends of the Program dives into Arkansas messageboardlandia … Wake Forest “wins” this week’s Spike Factor … shake it off, BYU … angry Memphian football types, you have been scorned by Notre Dame; please respond proportionally … and Colorado offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy will move from the booth to the sidelines for the Buffs’ upcoming Washington State game; no word on how that will help Colorado avoid giving up more than the 69 points it surrendered to Fresno State.
• “Don’t lie to yourself, or to America.” Pat Forde breaks down the holy rules of field-storming.
• Injury report story hour. Devon Walker has been moved to a rehab center … Connor Shaw will start for South Carolina against Missouri, until Steve Spurrier gets bored … Arkansas is preparing for Rutgers and Tyler Wilson’s return … Nebraska loses linebacker Zaire Anderson for the year (ACL) … Jarvis Jones says he’ll return to action for Georgia’s Vanderbilt game … USC center Khaled Holmes defends his backup.
• Roster blotter. UNLV running back Dionza Bradford has left the Rebels, per a Bobby Hauck announcement … Duron Carter will sit out 2012 at FAU.
• TWEET OF THE DAY. NAY, THE EVER. Presented without further comment:
Colorado coach Rick Neuheisel sings on stage while wearing a Grateful Buffs T-shirt (from 1995): twitter.com/si_vault/statu…
— Andy Gray (@si_vault) September 18, 2012
• Misc. Please to enjoy “The Girl With The Zebra Leg” … store this important Canadian factoid for later use … Ralph Russo nails our feelings on John-El … meet the Penn State fine endowment fund … let’s all strive to emulate Geno Smith … and only the most premium of popsicles will do for Rich Rodriguez.