• Georgia State has a night game this weekend. The Panthers play UTSA at 6 p.m. ET, a fact you will not forget, because they went and made this video to remind you. Please change your mind about retirement, Bill Curry. Please?
• Injury report story hour. Duke defensive end Justin Foxx had hand surgery on Tuesday and will be out indefinitely.
• Teams that will not be featured in injury report story hour: USC has de-banned Scott Wolf from practice, but remember yesterday when we said barring reporters from reporting on player injuries sounded like a move characteristic of a team much worse at football than USC? Good morning, Washington! Local sportswriters, your thoughts?
Now that @coachsark won’t waste all that time talking about injuries, maybe he can conjure up first offensive TD in seven quarters.
— Danny O’Neil (@dannyoneil) September 12, 2012
• Roster blotter. LSU releases the names of four academic casualties, including one, linebacker Tahj Jones, projected to see starting time … the Ragin’ Cajuns lose Justin Hamilton for the Oklahoma State game … starting Nittany Lions receiver Shawney Kersey has left the Penn State football team but reportedly remains in school … starting Nebraska defensive tackle Chase Rome, whose name is a simple sentence, has left the Huskers.
• Misc. Behold the blooper reel from that John Clayton SportsCenter promo … Yahoo(!) Sports fills in some gaps on the Memphis-Mississippi State story … we can see this Tennessee-Florida postgame scenario playing out with terrible clarity and not a little dramatic irony … Mississippi State players claim to have gleaned Auburn offensive signals from Week 1 game film … and now, your Decided Schematic Advantage of the Day.