Weekend Whimsy: Try 14 wolves, son
Lovingly curated light reading to speed you through your Friday:
• This is not Texas A&M’s new helmet. And we are all poorer for it. Which will be the first school to crack the Three Wolf Moon uniform barrier?
I’ve given it some thought, and if I only had ONE guess at what we’re seeing at 12:12… twitter.com/Stewade/status…
— Stewart Wade (@Stewade) July 5, 2012
• We solved this bowl thing. That will be $300,000. Thanks so much. Will middle- and lower-tier bowls be marginalized as the Big Six grow in prominence? Will any resort to gimmickry to maintain a high media profile? We have a solution: Bring Sky High Sports to, say, the Alamodome. Trampoline football! (This is not a paid endorsement, but if we were famous we would totally endorse this place.)
• Boise State travels with 575 pounds’ worth of headsets in protective cases. If you’re a logistics nerd, here’s some fun travel costs reading at the Idaho Statesman.
• In other crucial Broncos news: Peruse this fine gallery of BSU mullets from OBNUG.
• Les Miles writes his own dialogue. We mean, he has to — can you really imagine The Hat adhering to a script of any kind?
• Well, I never. It turns out Jeff Long would not be open to Bobby Petrino returning to Arkansas. This is a question that was apparently asked so many times, in all seriousness, that it had to be answered.
• “What percentage of a state’s population would fit in your school’s stadium?” Reddit investigates.
• The Oracle has spoken. Our five favorite bowl predictions from Phil “Cyberdyne” Steele, in ascending order: 5) FIU-East Carolina New Orleans Bowl, 4) Stanford-West Virginia Alamo Bowl, 3) Michigan-Georgia CapOne Bowl, 2) Oregon-USF Orange Bowl, 1) Oklahoma State-Arkansas Cotton Bowl. HONORABLE MENTION: A third straight BBVA Compass Bowl invitation for Pitt. [SFX: SAD TUBA]
• Not football, but important. Pizza so nutritionally balanced you can eat it three times a day = excellent news for college football fans with the season on the horizon, at which point we will all begin eating pizza three times a day anyway, no matter what.