FAQ: GoDaddy.com Bowl
The 2012 GoDaddy.com Bowl is just hours away. We’re sure you have so many questions. We’re here to help.
• What’s all this, then? Think of the GoDaddy-Dot-Com Bowl as a refreshing, tangy sorbet to cleanse your palate between the grim Saturday horror of the BBVA Compass Bowl, the January existence of which will never, ever stop upsetting us on a cellular level, and the Monday cavalcade of competent football and title game pageantry.
• Where will this game be played? Mobile’s Ladd-Peebles Stadium, home of the fledgling South Alabama Jaguars and the Senior Bowl.
• When is it on television? Kickoff is scheduled for 8 p.m. on Sunday, January 8. The game will be televised on ESPN.
• Whom does it feature? Current conference tie-ins include the Sun Belt and MAC.
• What about this year? The promise of real entertainment looms in Mobile, with conference champs Northern Illinois (10-3) and Arkansas State (10-2) in town.
• Who will call the game? Clay Matvick, Danny Kanell and Cara Capuano.
• Who sponsors the game? GoDaddy.com, a web hosting company that serves as a front for a lucrative business model of convincing gullible gentlemen there will be naked Danica Patrick somewhere, somewhere on that website if they’ll only just keep clicking.
• Say. Hasn’t this company been in the news recently? It sure has!
• Enough about the football. What about the loot? Surprisingly choice for a middle-tier bowl game! Nikon Coolpix S80s await participating players, among other treats.
• What mild indignities/wacky activities will visiting teams be subjected to while in town? For the second time this postseason (first was the Military Bowl), bowl teams will be entertained by a hypnotist! We renew our call for photos of either squad’s players making chicken noises in trances.
Stay tuned for more postseason FAQ sheets, and stay on top of a hectic postseason slate with our complete 2011-2012 College Football Bowl Schedule.