The 2012 Orange Bowl is just hours away. We’re sure you have so many questions. We’re here to help. (For a slightly more serious and in-depth preview, click here.)
• Where will this game be played? Sun Life Stadium in Miami Gardens.
• Can you name every previous name this stadium has had in one breath? Absolutely not, but our personal favorite was that one time it was sponsored by Jimmy Buffett’s beer.
• When is it on television? Kickoff is scheduled for 8:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 4. The game will be televised on ESPN.
• Whom does it feature? The ACC champ plus a BCS at-large selection.
• What about this year? Like pinball? The 10-3 Clemson Tigers and the 9-3 West Virginia Mountaineers are averaging more than 900 yards of combined offense and 69 points per game.
• Who will call the game? Mike Tirico, Jon Gruden, Ron Jaworski and Lisa Salters.
• Shouldn’t Jon Gruden be preparing for what is obviously his next new job as the head coach of Penn State? Don’t be ridiculous. The job is obviously Ron Prince’s. You mean Jim Tressel’s? I do.
• Enough about the football. What about the loot? The players get the by-now requisite gift suite trip, which led us to the official Orange Bowl merchandise site to look for tacky souvenirs, and what on earth does THIS thing do?
• What mild indignities/wacky activities will visiting teams be subjected to while in town? Nothing so undignified as the attendees, who’ll have to listen to Train during halftime while the players chill in the locker rooms.
• Please impart any miscellaneous knowledge you might have concerning the 2012 Orange Bowl. Put up the hurricane shutters on your hearts: Though they won’t be on television, Joe Tessitore and Rod Gilmore have the call for ESPN Radio. Will the Tessitore Effect take hold, inducing wild momentum swings and a flurry of inexplicable events? We can only hope.
Stay tuned for more postseason FAQ sheets, and stay on top of a hectic postseason slate with our complete 2011-2012 College Football Bowl Schedule.